Monday 12 October 2009

War of the Rune

These are pictures of a game we played last week, using my Spartans and Assyrians as Lunar Empire surrogates, to clash with Ian Notter's Praxian Sable and Bison clans.  All the pics are clickable.


 Praxians on the left; Lunars force marching forward on the right.


Massed Bison Rider clan



Pesky Sable Clan, with their nasty bows



My one success was managing to catch the stationary Bisons with my Phalanx


We used GW's War of the Ring rules.  I'm cautiously impressed with the old school nature of these; massive units, buckets of dice.  Not rules to be taken especially seriously, but the potential for a fun game there; the huge units looked damn good, too.

The outcome?  I had some success against the Bison clan, but the Sables shot me to pieces during the approach.

3 comments:

Consul said...

I'd love to see a picture of the Assyrians, I have some lying around that might get painted (eventually?!) and it would be great to have a colour/modelling reference!

Great looking game.

BigRedBat said...

Hi Consul, they are here:-

http://www.displacedminiatures.com/BigRedBat/gallery/2481/

I mostly favour the Irreegular/Eureka ones; the Foundry are nicer, but smaller.

Consul said...

Thanks! I love the prisoners!