Monday 7 August 2023

Late Knight Progress


The Britcon later knights are mostly finished, just a little snagging and basing to do. I'm agonising a little about the basing. Firstly, my mounted units are 18 strong so a dismounted unit of foot should have 18 or fewer minis, less than I'd usually put in unit- I'll probably go with 3 bases, just 6 to a base. Secondly, I suspect that at least half the minis should be less well armoured coustillier types, probably forming a second rank. I need to see if I have anything suitable in the "reserves", or I might just leave the task for the next unit. I'd welcome thoughts on this.

This week TtS! For King and Parliament is up against Hail Caesar on Ken's Yarkshire Gamers World Cup of Historical Wargames Rules tournament on Facebook. Will our niche set, printed mostly in black and white in a hard-on-the-eye period font, and packed with c.17th woodcuts, prevail against the glossy leviathan, like David did against Goliath? You decide!


Last week, To the Strongest! saw off Saga in round one and will be pitted against Black Powder in a few days time.

This week I shall mostly be finishing lists for the next iteration of the TtS! Medieval Army list eBook in Early September. It looks like there will be five new lists: Daylamite Dynasties, Bagratid Armenian, Rshtuni Armenian, Tulunid and Iqshidid Egyptian and Georgian. As you can see, I'm trying to polish off the outstanding lists, which mostly fall in the Western Asia chapter.

4 comments:

pancerni said...

Certainly look the part.

Peter Douglas said...

Your foot knights look great. If I’m correct those are the Perry foot knight plastics. You can mix and match bits with their War of the Roses or Mercenaries kits for the back rangers.

Peter Douglas said...

Forgot to say. I’ve voted and glad to see that FKaP had a lead over HC

BigRedBat said...

...alas, Peter, my OCD will require all sorts of complexity- in particular riding boots.