Thursday 17 August 2023

Kinky Boots and Studded Leather

 

...a headline that promises much but delivers, little. ;-) 

I've been sculpting more riding boots on some coustillier-types to accompany my dismounted knights of recent posts. I'm getting a little faster on the sculpting, and a little better, too. This is just as well because I'll likely need quite a few, later on, when I tackle the Burgundian mounted archers. I've also discovered that liquid greenstuff is quite good for building up the legs of the boot.

Ultimately I covet this unit of Charles the Bold's. I think it would be great fun to model, and might be pretty good on the gaming table; dismounted knights with 2HCCW, extra longbows, extra stakes, veteran. Want 'em! Not cheap, points-wise, though.

In other news... For King and Parliament is storming through the Yarkshire Gamer World Cup of Wargames Rules. There is still time to vote; hopefully it'll make it through to Round Three and looks likely to be matched against "O" Group in the semi-finals.

3 comments:

Neil Patterson said...

I suspect you may get hits for this post for all the wrong reasons!
BTW, were you aware Rapier Miniatures have produced 28mm Praxian Llama, Impala, Bolo Lizard and Rhino riders?
Not cheap, but hey.....
They did it as a Kickstarter, most unavailable for now but have confirmed will be available in near future - as in next week.
Neil

BigRedBat said...

No I wasn't aware, I'll have a look!

Ray Rousell said...

You tease!