Friday 3 July 2009

And now for Something Completely Different...

Long before I painted elephants, small and large, I knocked up these Lunar War Triceratops for the Dwarf Mine game I put on with Greg and others, at Salute.The Triceratops are really nice models (from Schleich), that cost around £6 each. They are roughly similar in size to the Empire Modles beasts. I partially repainted, added the howdahs and gave them Foundry crew and Gripping Beast mahouts.
They were cheap, very quick to complete and unfortunately always died far too early in the game!

6 comments:

Grégory Privat said...

That was the good old time, when we were younger and filled with anthousiasm !

BigRedBat said...

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end; we'd sing and dance forever and a day...

I've been thinking about a new Glorantha skirmish game, using LOTR rules.

abdul666 said...

In the good old days I enjoyed to peruse the background of Glorantha almost as much as that of Tekumel -putting both far above the Middle Earth one.
Jean-Louis
aka Louys de Monte-Cristo

Secundus said...

What the..... Now I have seen everything. They look great, I like the faded stripes down the backs, very nice and full of imagination.

BigLee said...

These are just too cool!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks guys! I've got a load more gloranthan stuff, I'll try to take photos in the coming weeks.