Thursday 2 December 2021

Jengaaa!


In the (no doubt temporary) absence of any meaningful numbers of mid c.16th miniatures in the BigRedBatCave, I've been mocking up a couple of armies from wooden blocks (Jenga and birch cubes). This is a portion of the units- the big blocks represent roughly 3000 pike, the smaller blocks arquebusiers. The taller blocks to the right are cavalry, there are also guns (not shown). Eventually I plan to put flags on the tops which will show facings. I have most of the minis for Ceresole 1544 which I plan to use as the first test game for Renaissance, I'll probably also look at a French Wars of Religion battle, too, to test troop types such as Reiters that weren't present earlier on.

5 comments:

Paul said...

My first thought was they look like pike blocks.

Paul said...

My first thought was they look like pike blocks.

ICM said...

Simon, only you would post this. Wooden block wargaming! At least it makes the painting easy...

Shaun said...

quality painting mate.

Friends Of General Haig said...

A very neat idea. I get the feeling that this period is going to be the ‘next big thing’ so looking forward to see what develops 👍