Wednesday 26 July 2023

Yellow legion progress


I'm making some progress with the veteran Saleh minis, which will be part of my 2024 Salute game. Yesterday, now I have my trusty painting light* back, I extended the lovely LBMS shield designs to the edge of the shields. A careful job, but well worth taking care with it as the shields dominate the unit. I need to highlight and ink all the minis, but I think I might ask Shaun McT. to paint 24 more all in red tunics and then mix them together. I prefer red for Romans.

*My painting lamp is a Serious Readers lamp. I can't recommend them too highly, although they aren't cheap. Mine gave up the ghost after 10 years- they repaired and upgraded it to LED, and it's good for another decade or so.

Yesterday I was delighted to read that both To the Strongest! rules and For King and Parliament made it into the group stage of Yarkshire Gamer's World Cup of Historical Wargames Rules- many thanks to anyone who voted for them! It looks like there will be more votes to come in the coming days. Here are all the contenders, some great games there, of which I've only played three, including my own two sets! I'll make a personal resolution to try some of the other systems after the summer.

1 comment:

Bluewillow said...

Superb, the shields look very striking

Cheers
Matt