Friday 14 July 2023

Some of our cataphracts are missing


I finally managed to get hold of some decent metallic spray primers and seized a narrow window in the weather (between too hot and too wet!) to prime the cataphracts. I went mainly steel and gold, with some grey which I'll paint them in reds depicting lacquered or enamelled horse armour.

Here are some of the humbler horse archers. I bought most of these assembled, on eBay, but they needed a little repair work which I did last night. I am going to need a whole lot more of these- I have a hunch there's a bag of them somewhere in the loft.

I am also searching for some Parthians I was working on earlier this year. I stored them away, for safety, but I cannot for the life of me locate them; they are probably in one of five hundred unlabelled Really Useful Boxes. :-/

Realistically they won't be finished in time for the Britcon tournament next month in Nottingham, so I'm eyeing my collection for other relatively portable armies. Incidentally, if you are free on the weekend of 12th/13th August we are very keen to find another player as we currently have the Dreaded Odd Number of players. It's a relaxed event, not too competitive, pint of beer at the side of the table sort-of-thing. Last year I quite enjoyed seeing the Lardy stuff in the annex, and spent too much on books and the Bring and Buy. If you think you might be interested, please email me.

1 comment:

Codsticker said...

"I am also searching for some Parthians I was working on earlier this year. I stored them away, for safety, but I cannot for the life of me locate them..."

Oh good- I'm glad it's not just me.