Tuesday 18 July 2023

Wofun Fun

Recently I've bought a collection of the Wofun printed miniatures. I wanted them because most of my armies aren't portable in anything less than a large people carrier (!), whereas I can pack two large armies of 15mm Wofun with terrain, rules, chits and cloths in a single holdall.  There are pretty forgiving to damage, too, compared to a lead miniature. Last night son'n'heir and I played a game with a couple of fine chaps from the London Wargaming Guild at Seven Dials (I've "borrowed" a couple of Daniel's photos, below, as I too no closeups).

First thoughts are that some sort of sabot would be quicker to set up and play with than the current individual stands. I think I will print some laminated bases, with unit names, saves, etc, colour-coded for commands and tack the bases onto them. Secondly, we had some issues with the cloth rucking up- I'll pick up a couple of 3' x 4' neoprene mats for use as a playing surface. Thirdly, I need some camp markers.

Had a blast! I'm definitely going to use these for playtesting and when I need a portable game.

2 comments:

Chris Hahn said...

Well, somebody has been busy!

Have bookmarked this site and often visit to dream about building a collection in this period, and that period, oh, and that period as well.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers,
Chris

Gonsalvo said...

I don't own any myself, but from what I have seen, they are surprisingly nice!