Wednesday 24 July 2019

Italian Crossbowmen


In the current sweltering heat, it seems appropriate to be working on Italians. Here's a unit you may have seen before (as a smaller unit), which I've recently expanded from two FK&P6 bases, to three, so that I can field them both on a 20cm grid as well as on a 15cm. The photos aren't the best (too much light), but you can see where I am coming from. The minis are Perry plastic mercenaries. The new minis (top right element, bottom left element) were painted by Shaun McTague, you can see them better, below. Nicely done!


I might, later, replace the flag which is a little anachronistic, with a Pete's Flags condottiere flag. 

I'm just finishing up some more light cavalry, along with some super arquebusiers. Soon, I'll be opening a new Burgundian front. There are a lot of minis going on bases, around here!

8 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Very nice indeed!

David said...

Very nice additions to the collection.

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Lovely. Black and yellow make for a great livery.I would keep the Black Bande flag though, its one of Pete's best.N

BigRedBat said...

Thanks all. The Flag is one of Pete's best- but I have used it a lot! Might give me a chance to use some of this other flags. :-)

caveadsum1471 said...

Got to love the Perry mercenaries box and these are great looking crossbow men!
Best Iain

BigRedBat said...

Such a good box! More to post, soon.

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Excellent!

Hendrid said...

Very nice, I like the two at the back reloading, looks like they're discussing what was going on in the pub last night :-)