Friday 19 July 2019

Gallic Horse


Here are some photos of my extended and re-based Gallic horse. These are, strictly, part of my Gallic army as seen  at Salute in April, but they weren't needed for the Mancetter battle. Shaun McTague very kindly painted a dozen more for me, which I mixed in with the 36 I already had, to give me a generous total of 48. Each unit now consists of a whopping 16 miniatures. This gives me a broadly similar representational scale between my infantry and cavalry units. I'm gradually adding extra cavalry to bring my other armies up to the same standard.

Almost all of the minis are Wargames Foundry. I took the opportunity to "tart up" the existing figures and re-based onto my 20cm grid-half bases, which fit together to make a unit 19cm wide by 13cm deep for the 20cm grid. The photos don't do them justice.  :-(


These are half the heavy cavalry that I require for my 2020 To the Strongest! Salute game. The other half will be "Romanised" Gallic horse- semi-uniformed types, proto auxiliaries, in fact.

I've been basing a lot of other great stuff- I hope to post some more photos, next week!

14 comments:

TimT said...

What’s this, my 55 Gallic cavalry actually outnumber a part of a Simon horde - surely not, say it ain’t so Joe. 😀

Sergey Ageev said...

Sumptuously!

BigRedBat said...

Not for long, Tim! :-)

Michael Awdry said...

What an awesome sight!

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

Beautiful!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps. I'm really looking forward to doing the rest; Gallic cavalry "with a twist."

David said...

I am not looking, it is too tempting...

caveadsum1471 said...

Fantastic looking cavalry!
Best Iain

TamsinP said...

An impressive sight! :)

Ray Rousell said...

They do look rather nice!

Phil said...

Excellent, truly excellent!

Paul Scrivens-Smith said...

Looking splendid Simon.

Daniel Moreno said...

Maravilloso!!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks all!