Tuesday 17 June 2014

Riding a rail

I've been painting various Roman cavalrymen to complete units, and wanted a way to hold the riders whilst painting them.  I've come up with this low-tech solution; the riders sit on the dowel, held in place by a tiny dot of white glue.  Their feet prevent it from rolling.


I've also established that 6 horses are the most that I can paint in an evening, without pulling my thinning hair out in clumps!  :-)

Last night I finished polishing the latest version of my "To the Strongest!" rules, which I'll use for the Ancient Battles of Rome weekend at the Wargames Holiday Centre on the 28th and 29th of June*.  The rules aren't substantially changed, but with the help of a couple of people who have very kindly carefully reviewed them, I have been able to clarify several points.  If you happen to be one of the people who are play-testing them, and would like the very latest version, mail me at the address on the front of the blog and I'll send them out to you.   

*Mark Freeth still has some places left and can be reached here

No comments: