Friday 22 January 2021

Hannibal and Chits

We've just started playing an online To the Strongest! tournament called Hannibal Ad Portas, this week I fought my first battle. That's my vast Italian Tribes army at the bottom; 16 victory medals - that's a whole lot for a 130 point army. I played fellow veteran blogger Monty from the US, who had Spanish. It wasn't a game of any great tactical subtlety; we just had at it!  I narrowly pipped him by one medal, once I eventually remembered how the rules work. Below is an in-game shot.

 

If you fancy joining the tournament, which is, I suspect, the only ancient big battle tournament running in the world, just now, please email me and I'll put you in touch with Antony, the organiser. Its very good natured and very international in its nature, and a really good way to learn the rules. Or you can just watch us play online, if you like.

In other news I've released some more coloured activation and stratagem chits, this time in red and dark blue. 



The new stratagem tokens are single sided (plain red or dark blue on the reverse).


You can find them, here.


Also I've received a major restock of bases. Pretty much everything that I'd run out of is now back in stock.

Bases

That's if for now- I hope to be able to show some more Swiss in a day or so, as that project grinds unremittingly towards completion. 

4 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

This looks like great fun! How does one watch?

BigRedBat said...

Hi Jonathan, there's a Discord group that you can join- most of the games are streamed, and there are games most nights around 8pm, you just join the game which in normally streamed in Game 01. If you email me (above left) I can send you an invite. :-)

Ray Rousell said...

It does look like a lot of fun.

Monty said...

Thanks for the game, Simon! I've got my next game lined up this weekend. To anyone thinking of joining, the TtS vets are super helpful in teaching the game and a fun bunch too. The digital armies are splendid to look at! Good luck!