Tuesday 15 September 2020

New Dungeon Level for the BigRedBatCave

 

During lock-down, it dawned on me that I have, at last, completely run out of figure storage space, with every corner of the house currently packed with miniatures. Nil desperandum, dear viewer! I've decided to extend the BigRedBatCave by excavating a new "dungeon level". The first step is to install a trap door, which you can see marked out, above.


Above you can see the initial hole cut, exposing the beam, and below the reinforced hatch.


Finally, below, is the finished hatch from above- I just need to remove the labels I used to mark it out.


In a later post, I'll show some photos taken within the new dungeon level, itself, which is currently being excavated by a crack team of dwarven miners.

14 comments:

Brian. said...

Great idea Simon just watch you don’t trip over the hinges if they are proud.

BigRedBat said...

No, happily everything is recessed. :-) I will be careful though, don't want to take d6 damage.

Andrew Brentna said...

Wow! Don’t forget to allow the miners up for air occasionally! Oh, and those big stacks of bricks that keep getting in the way down there? They are holding the house up!

Matt Crump said...

Good luck Simon don’t let’s the dwarves dig too deep we know what happened at Moria !

Unknown said...

Good idea, however you have not just chopped the joist away (seen in pic) without adding another, or strengthening it have you? I have also told you for many years now, once you've sussed you have no space, and that seems to be now, I will take your Romans and look after them. i know I'm in your will for these anyway, and maybe if I repeat this enough you'll believe me.

BigRedBat said...

Don't worry Gordon- it's thoroughly reinforced- stronger than it would have been before. I will shortly have space for a whole lot more Romans! :-)

moosoid said...

I think there are two questions we're all asking ourselves: firstly, how many miniatures do you actually have then? And secondly, how come it's taken so long? :)

Ray Rousell said...

Very interesting! Can't wait to see in the dungeon.

Eric the Shed said...

why dont you just build a shed? ;-)

BigRedBat said...

:-)

DeanM said...

Two gamers enter; one leaves :) Lol!

Khusru said...

Looks like a trap for unwary people. Would a loft conversion or a big shed not have been easier?

BigRedBat said...

Nah- loft is already full of figures! :-)

Gonsalvo said...

with all the lead that will be lining it, it should also make a good nuclear attack shelter!