Thursday 13 August 2020

Burgundian pike

 

I've recently entered into a golden period of finishing minis, but haven't taken many pics, which I'll try to remedy over the next few days. Here is a unit of 48 Burgundian pike that has been on the back burner for 3 years or so. The first minis were painted by Lionel Bechara, but most were painted more recently by Shaun McTague. I finished them (highlights, shade washes) and added flags from the Perry box, which didn't look much on the page but which look great on the pole. The bases are FK&P6a's. Later, I'd love to add another 48 minis not in the Burgundian livery, but rather in various coloured uniforms with guild flags. 

At the moment I seem to be working on Swiss, Burgundian, Milanese, Venetian and Florentine armies, in parallel. :-/ I'm loving the Perry plastics.

14 comments:

commissarmoody said...

Great looking pike block.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks- they will look twice as good when the bases are done, hopefully in a few weeks time.

Paul Scrivens-Smith said...

Splendid, look forwards to seeing them based and battling.

BigRedBat said...

Hi Scrivs, I've a great big grouty backlog building up. :-(

Unknown said...

I'm also loving these. I did tell you years ago "plastics would get you" and I recall something about your dead body,however let's not go there.
Now that you've discovered plastics can I have those rubbish metal Romans you appear to have no need for anymore...I can collect.

BigRedBat said...

Yes, who'd have thought it. I love the ease of conversion of the plastics, and the way you can throw them across the room without any damage.

fireymonkeyboy said...

I am continually amazed by your ability to produce both quality and quantity.

BigLee said...

Impressively spikey!

Unknown said...

Sooooooo plastics is king,lead is dead Gordon come collect the crappy old Romans.

BigRedBat said...

LOL Gordon.

Millsy said...

Absolutely gorgeous mate. Especially like the painted sallets.

caveadsum1471 said...

Love those Perry plastics! They look great!
Best Iain

Gonsalvo said...

A most handsome unit!

Bluewillow said...

Excellent work on those, the perry mercenary set is so flexible.

Cheers
Matt