Saturday 9 November 2019

Base camp


I realised I needed even more bases for the Salute project- here they are, something like 425-450 of the blighters. They are chamferred, magnetised and sanded to perfection, and I have spray-painted the edges so that I don't need to hand paint them, it'll save a few hours, later on. There's no point in spraying the tops brown as they are already primed and will be covered in minis and grout.


The above stands are mostly for veteran legionaries, and the below for standard and raw. I prime everything in Halfords grey, below you can see other bases before priming.
g


And these are command stands, and stands for elephants and lights, and a bombard for the early Renaissance.

The bases are from my various ranges, mostly designed by myself and Ian Notter.

So I have no excuse, now, I need to get some minis on bases!

10 comments:

DaveD said...

Simon , I do love your industrial levels of insanity!

I might just have to come to Salute to see this

ICM said...

Simon, if anything, you and Ian N appear to have been slacking over the last couple of weeks. Do buck up! (I may have to visit the shop)

BigRedBat said...

I've been too busy to post photos of the stuff I've been basing. :-/

Michael Awdry said...

Basing on an Epic scale!

Millsy said...

My OCD salutes you mate.

Matt Crump said...

Clearly your insanity is getting worse ! Good luck

WimVdB said...

That is all for one game? Are you taking up a whole hall for your game next year?

BigRedBat said...

Yes for just one game, and 1/3 of the units are already based.

WimVdB said...

Impressive Simon. I might come over to Salute next year. If only to see your game there!

BigRedBat said...

Super, Wim!