Tuesday 6 August 2013

Reed banks I


The above (and 3 others, not shown) are going to be reed-banks for the salt lake* flank at Thapsus. Each is 30cm long, 10mm thick and built of 2 layers of foam core on a card base with a pine "rib" running along the back for strength.

The Impetus units are finished, but I won't post until after the article has been published.  This is a wee bit frustrating, as they are a couple of the nicest units I've ever turned out...

*Strictly speaking, they are more Nile river bank than salt-lake bank, but I won't tell if you won't!

3 comments:

fireymonkeyboy said...

Sounds cool, looking forward to both the units, and seeing how these turn out.

FMB

Shaun said...

Intrigued ;-)

BigRedBat said...

I have a great concept for these; if it works, they will set a whole new standard for model river banks. ;-)