Sunday, 12 December 2010

Broken Biscuits Repaired


I've finished a company of Viet Minh (mentioned in this earlier post), assembled from figures that were broken back in the late 1980s.  All the minis were cut off at the waist and dug into "foxholes" of greenstuff with greenstuff sandbags, and broken weapons were replaced. 


I'm really pleased with the way they came out!  At some stage I may buy more minis and do another company or two.  I'm now rather past half way towards being able to field my battalion; mostly just need to do the support weapons.

7 comments:

Der Tsstler said...

they look good and the basing is perfect !!

James said...

Nicely done. Looks intentional rather than serendiptitous.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps.

I really like that Platoon 20 range; I hope that I will end up with a whole lot more of them! I just wish they had better mortar crews.

I found myself thinking, today, that a 1950's Chinese army for Korea, with bugles and burp guns, would be a very fine thing, indeed.

Braxen said...

actually, it could be a good way to save time on painting, just sell figures cut at the waist :-)

BigRedBat said...

Yes, quick to paint! :-)

Docsmith said...

Ah the ingenuity of wargamers... creating something practical and aesthetically pleasing for the tabletop out of a disaster! A great result for your efforts.

Cheers,
Doc

BigRedBat said...

Thanks, Doc!