Monday 21 June 2010

Evil Empire targets Muswell Militia

So I'm on my way to work this morning, and next to the bus stop, perhaps 100 yards form my front door (and right next to the "Maid of Muswell", our local waterhole), a Games Workshop has sprung up overnight!  I can only assume this is a targeted attempt to plunder Muswell Militia's wargames budget.  ;-)

More seriously, I don't buy much GW stuff these days aside from the odd pot of paint, but I welcome their arrival, nonetheless.  It is an interesting place to put a wargames shop; not much passing trade, but there are thousands of well-heeled teenagers around here.  Possibly a shrewd marketing strategy... time will tell.

8 comments:

DeanM said...

Evil empire :)! A GW store opened up around the corner where I live about a year ago (surprising as this area has a large population of the paint ballers and monster truck types - seriously). It's still in business - so they must be doing okay. I feel the same way though, happy to see them here and it enhances the big picture of the hobby. Dean

jmilesr said...

I shall be keeping a sharp eye out looking for Chaos Knights to show up in your next Zama game!

BigRedBat said...

Hi Dean, I suspect they have decided to target teenagers in affluent areas by opening small local shops. Not a bad wheeze...

jmilesr, I do use the very occasional Citadel mini; my EIR army has some Lorenzo Lupos leading centurys...

legatus hedlius said...

I wish they'd put one here in Britain's capital of bling: we must have the most affluent teenagers in the country! The local toy shop has started selling GW stuff again after a 5 year hiatus so perhaps they are testing the water.. I do buy a lot of their LotR stuff..

John Lambshead said...

And so the Empire spreads - sounds of maniac laughter, gurgles and screams offstage.

Grégory Privat said...

humm that means cheap (fo us french, at least) tanks close to your house... OK : now that s a nightmare.

BigRedBat said...

Greg, it's far worse; cheap tanks NEXT TO THE PUB. Recipe for disaster!

Secundus said...

I was going to say It will be useful for brushes and paint.

I make that £26.50 please sir...thankyou very much, come again.