Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Pimp my Nellie 6 - Assembly!

It has taken me 10 days to paint 12 crewmen (the ones on the beasts plus four spares not shown), and they came out pretty well in the end. I stuck an officer in one of the elephants for variety. I found that 3 crew fitted better than 4 in the howdah, and felt that there was also slightly more historical evidence for 3. In hindsight I regret painting both with the saddlecloths yellow ; I might repaint one for variety, in green, perhaps.

So now they just need basing... a few days work in parallel with the Tegeans I have started painting.
Re names; I'm still mulling. I'm thinking maybe something from Greek mythology...


Secundus said...

Nice work! As always!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Secundus, these really feel like they have taken a long time!