Friday 1 January 2016

A metre of pike and a Happy New Year!


Above is the extension to my existing phalanx that I have been working on in November and December. I had planned 70cm worth of phalanx but as you can see I already have just over one metre completed and now hope to end with nearer two. Most of the minis were painted by Craig Davey or Shaun McTague and finished by me. All photos are clickable.

Argyraspides
Antigonid Agema

Note the shiny new Relik shields on the units above and below.


Antigonid Peltastoi
Ptolemaic Leukaspides
Antigonid Leukaspides
Proper photos will follow next year when I have finished the basing.  The new phalanx will be united with the existing 2 metres for a mammoth Raphia game in April.

2016 planned events

Q1 and Q2 are looking really busy and exciting:-

  • The “To the Strongest Worlds” in Chalgrove on February 13th, 20 players will contend for the title of World Champion. I am praying for odd numbers so I have a valid excuse to enter the fray, muwhahaha.
  • The Society of Ancients Battle Day April 2nd- I’ll be putting on an exceptionally large battle of Pharsalus 48BC with some wargaming buddies. Legionaries, sir- thousands of them!
  • Salute- it looks like I left it too late to get a table, but you never know…  
  • April 22nd to 24th The Wargames Holiday Centre. I’m really looking forward to this one- I plan to put on a huge Raphia game plus Cremona, Leuctra, the Sabis and Ruspina. All at the same time.  This will be the ultimate test of the BigRedBatmobile’s suspension!
  • May 22nd- Partizan with Phil Hendry’s Sassanians and Romans, Harry Sidebottom and Ballista.

Resolutions for 2016
  • Finish my Ptolemaic army- this is going very well with the assistance of two painter-mates (both called Shaun).
  • Stamp my feet to rise a couple more legions for Caesar.  And Pompey.
  • New Theban and Wars of the Roses armies.
  • Rattle out a TtS! army list each week
  • Co-write the first TtS! “campaign” book and then get going on the fantasy version.
  • Finish sculpting those bl**dy War Llamas!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my fellow bloggistas and To the Strongest! chums a Very Happy New Year, and...

may none of your cards be Aces!

No comments: