Saturday 7 May 2011

Young Lions

This is a clickable WIP shot of the Leones Iuniores, my latest Late Roman unit (Auxilia Palatina).  The painting is just about complete, although they still need assembling, varnishing and basing.  These have only taken six (albeit rather long) painting sessions; I only started painting them on Monday!  I must be getting faster!


After these, I hope to knock up a few quick supporting units based around some Black Tree figures I bought painted on eBay, a few years back...  and I'll need to pause to make up a big batch of bases, as I'm almost out. 

10 comments:

Matt said...

Crumbs! Just 6 sessions. That is quick AND they look marvellous. I'm green with envy.

Well done

Matt

DeanM said...

They're looking really good. Nice shields. Dean

Unknown said...

All this in 6 sessions? Come on, how long were they?

BigRedBat said...

Some were 3 or 4 hours, others only a couple. It helped that some of the minis were partially painted, so that I didn't have to do the mail, for example, and some had the flesh blocked in.

I don't paint many Perrys, but found these very quick and easy to paint!

Paul´s Bods said...

& sessions!!!
How long in total?
Cheers
paul

BigRedBat said...

15-20 hours total, but all in front of the TV, checking emails etc.

I have got fast at some aspects; the shields only took perhaps 3 hours total, including cleaning. I love doing LBMS shields.

PatG said...

Six sessions....

I'm going to crawl back under my rock and continue being pathetic in the paint dept.

Very Nice Work sir!.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks all; varnished last night, starting to base tonight.

Secundus said...

Lovely!!!!

BigRedBat said...

Hi Secundus, they are almost based, now, and looking even better. Lovely Lbms shield designs...