Monday 30 May 2011

Hills

I've decided to refurbish some old GW hills, to match my Zama Boards.  


My plan is to partially texture them as above, spray them to match the terrain boards, and then add tufts for a bit of variety.  The nice thing about these are that they are hollow, and so will sit nicely on top of my very textured Zama boards (which are currently doubling for Mexico, and which will very likely also stand in for Napoleonic Spain).   If anyone can suggest where I can get some more (perhaps larger) hollow hills, please do comment below.

6 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Looking good. I presume the hills have to be hollow so they can be stacked??
Cheers
paul

BigRedBat said...

Hi Paul, partly so they can be stacked, and partly because they have to sit over the crops I built onto the terrain boards. Flat pieces just sit on top of the crops and look daft!

Stig of the Dump said...

Looking good, i may have to invest in some.

steve.

Paul O'G said...

Nice one!

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Get some sheet styrene. Staple it to a wood frame using a heavy-duty stapler (like for home improvement work). Heat the sheet in the oven then stretch the sheet over a form, the hills you have will do, or make forms from scrap wood. Once cooled cut and sand the bottom edge flat. You can make a TON of hills this way. Easy stuff.

BigRedBat said...

Sounds fun, Allan, I might give that a go...