Thursday 5 May 2011

Celtic Horse

These are some cavalry I bought/painted around 6 years ago, recently retouched and with three additional painted by Nick.



The new 3 (below left) are the newer Gripping Beast Picts painted by Nick.   Nick's painting is way better than mine, especially the shields, but I don't like the blocky style of the newer slighly larger Gripping Beast figures as much as the older, more naturalistic ones.


Nick really nailed the shields (can only see one, properly, below on the right).  I was pleased with the way the windsock came out.


And now all together!  Who's got the mead?  Off to Cattraeth! 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't be too modest. Yours look as good as his. And moreover, they all blend in well together.

DeanM said...

They look great togther; and I agree with sebastosfig - can't really tell the difference in painting styles. Both very good. I really like how you painted the draco standard too - the body particularly. I think these would look good as Saxon cav too? I'm not a Dark Age nor Celtic expert though. Regards, Dean

kingsleypark said...

Yup they look good and definitely a fitting back up to Arthur

Paul O'G said...

Its unanimous - your are just as good! Great job, love the basing too

BigRedBat said...

No Nick's really are better painted, photo doesn't do them justice. And some of "mine" are eBay purchases that have been... assimilated.

Dean, I was delighted with the Draco, which only took a couple of mins to paint. Green with stripes really seems to work for Dracos!

I also own a unit of "English" cavalry, I have been meaning to tart them up, too. And a whole army of Picts...

Cyrus said...

They look good nice mix of styles and makes! I've got an entire Pict army to paint too...

CarloAntonio said...

Very nice look !!! Compliments !!!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks all, more will follow...