Wednesday 11 May 2011

Black Powder


A quick post-play posting- tonight we played our second test game of Black Powder.  It went well.  At the moment, in order to get to grips with the rules, we have just been using infantry, but next week we'll add some guns or cavalry. 

This bodes well for Hail Caesar, which shares a lot of the same mechanics, but which I've not yet tried, becuase I find the style in which they are written makes them hard to learn from the rulebook.  Still I will get there...

4 comments:

littlejohn said...

Yes Black Powder has a slight bit of a learning curve, but plays pretty fast and well after a few battles...interesting to see your take on the rules.

BigRedBat said...

I've not seen anything much I don't like, yet. They are very fast play, with simple mechanics, so we should be able to get games finished in the couple of hours of play that we have on a games night. There's quite a lot of luck in them, too, which I rather like...

The Great Khan said...

Not only am I interested in the rules and looking forward to them, but seriously, the big Highlander looks like my dad from about 25-30 years ago. Uncanny, like you all found an old picture and used him for a model.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

I need to pick up a copy of this at some point.

Christopher