Tuesday 3 May 2011

Arthur of the Votadini

These lovely minis were painted for me by Nick Speller (I merely based them).  I think they are some of Nick's finest work, especially the cloak and tunic on Arthur.  Fabulous.

This particular Arthur will be a warleader of some post-Roman celtic cavalry, that I'll be posting shortly (I started painting the units around 7 years ago, finished them last week!). 

 

Gotta love the hound, too.  The Arthur model is one of Gripping Beast's finest, super work I reckon.

9 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

That's a great paintjob!!!!!

Counterpane said...

Nah! That's a Tarshite noble striking down one of the hill-dwelling Exiles. Obvious, really!

Paul O'G said...

Great job indeed, and yes I love the hound too. Think I've have to get some warhounds for my later Saxon Ealdorman!

Anonymous said...

A very nice job. I especially like the white tunic and red leggings paint scheme. I may have to borrow that.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Nice and really like the pose!

Christopher

Paul´s Bods said...

Tre´s nice. The highlighting on this is top!!!
Cheers
paul

JFaria said...

I have selected you for the Stylish Blogger Award

War Minister Crittumbo said...

That's really wonderful.

Dan said...

Yeah good figure, well done, another period I like.