Sunday 20 December 2009

Aepycamelus Greens II


Here are the Aepycamelus greens I'm working on.  The main change since the last post is that I've started to flesh the legs out.  I also felt that the one on theleft was too long in the body, so I sawed a slice out of him, and stuck him back together!  This was fun and surprisingly successful.  I'm happier with him, now.

I am, however, experiencing a crisis of confidence over these greens.  Whilst I think I will be able to make them look reasonably good, they are, however, a bit big for my purposes, at 65mm tall; I really wish I'd made them 50mm tall, instead...  they are really 40mm scale rather than 28mm.  However I'm learning a lot, technically, as I go along with them, so I think that I will finish them (at least crudely) and then start over with a smaller armature.

6 comments:

legatus hedlius said...

These are looking much better than many of the figures in a well known range of prehistoric figures I could name.

BigRedBat said...

You are too, too kind Legatus.

Ideally I should finish them, and then sell the greens to someone who is doing a range of pre-historics in 40mm scale. Probably not a lot of chance of finding a company in that sector... ;-)

Are you still Zama-ing?

Secundus said...

Merry Christmas Simon From Secundus and all his men.

BigRedBat said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, Secundus! And your cat!

Dr Simon said...

Simon - if you are intending to use these as mounts - couldnt they be for leaders? As surely the officers get the pick of the best ? :-)

BigRedBat said...

Hi Doc, alas they are so large they would clearly be a different species!

I suppose I could stick humps on their backs and sell them as 40mm scale camel greens...

If I don't catch you again, have a great XMas!