Sunday, 14 June 2009

Pimp My Nellie 5

Well the elephants themselves are pretty well painted; and I'm very pleased with them. I still have the small matter of a dozen assorted crew and hangers on to paint, though, and the bases; another week or so's work.


The beasts painted up very well; lots of detail to paint, but it is all in good relief. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I substituted Crusader shields for Empire's, because I already had the appropriate Crusader Seleucid transfers, which make a certain statement! I tried to make the colour of the elephant drapes tie in with the shields, but got the red a little wrong.

I was particularly pleased with the "rear elevation"; the crevices in the skin took a wash very nicely. All in all these are splendid beasts and I'm itching to get them finished...
Post a Comment