Wednesday 17 May 2023

Thessalians for Partizan


I'm dashing around basing a few final things for Sunday's huge Ipsus game at Partizan in Newart-upon-Trent. Above are two new squadrons of Thessalian cavalry in their famous rhomboids, freshly wood-glued to their bases. They have been assembled from my "reserves" (storage boxes of painted minis sourced from eBay) and represent the work of at least three different painters, but they came together well with a little overpainting and retouching. I'll be grouting tonight, dry brushing tomorrow and Ian will flock later in the day.

In total, I've managed to base an additional sixty cavalry figures for the big game on Sunday, which now involves a tad over 3,000 miniatures. If you'd like to play at Partizan, in what must be one of the largest ancient games ever run at a show, please drop me an email. 

If you want to buy anything from the BigRedBatShop for collection at Partizan, feel free to order, and drop me an email- I'll refund postage, bring it with and add some free extra chits or whatnot.

In other news there's a date for a TtS! tournament in Glasgow, below.  I'm assured that the recent event was a blast, please contact Dave Soutar at the address below, to reserve a place.

3 comments:

Matt Crump said...

Hope to see the game on Sunday 👍

valleyboy said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing this game in all its splendour at Partizan

BigRedBat said...

Hi Valleyboy, please say hello! Would be great to put a face to a name.

Best, Simon