Thursday 11 August 2022

Swiss army- first muster!


This is my Swiss army, forming up for its first outing at the weekend.


At the moment I have four decent pike blocks, a couple of units of halberdiers, six units of skirmishers and various command stands, heroes etc. 
 

And a bear.


A lot of the minis were painted by Shaun McTague, but David Imrie painted some fantastic ones with great faces, which I mostly used in the front ranks or as officers.

Here's a video of the army, where I talk about what's what and my plans for it.  

I'd say there are perhaps 170 points-worth of troops in To the Strongest! terms, and I can only take 140 to the tournament (Britcon in Nottingham, this weekend). I'll try to get some images of the army in action. It is going to be a very odd army to use- I won't have played a single practice game. I'm not sure whether I'll get any wins with it, but I'll have fun trying!

6 comments:

David said...

Nice looking army there!

Michael Awdry said...

What a magnificent sight! Best of luck this weekend Simon.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks! I'll need luck- the army is "point and pray". I might bring a cardinal along, to bless it...

caveadsum1471 said...

Splendid looking Swiss army, they look smashing!
Best Iain

Gonsalvo said...

Are you using any special rules for the Swiss? As you know, they were legendary for their fierceness and the speed of their advance. Checked the lists, and I see you have handled the advance by allowing them to count as Mounted infantry for 1 point each. I suppose Heroes will help, too!

BigRedBat said...

Yes we use the "field square" rule in Even Stronger, also the Swiss can be treated as mounted, so can start one further in, and some can be fanatics.