Thursday 22 October 2020

Switzers IV

Last night I had a bit of a push on the first keil and finished the flags. I went with the Uri flag (Flags of War) and a couple of other flags in similar yellow/black colours (Pete's Flags), which tied in with the Uri colour theme.

You can see that I've based the core of the keil, including the command, halberdiers and less-armoured pikes, many of these have cantonal colours. The better-equipped pikes will be around the outside- these will have partial or, in a few cases, full plate, and are in generally less bright clothing.

Here's the Uri flag which depicts an auroch- I slightly overpainted the very nice Flags of War flag- gives it a nice texture. Iain very kindly re-sized the flag for me to make it slightly smaller- I wanted to put it on a spear rather than a pike. These minis are mostly by Shaun McTague.

All things being equal, I should be able to get the other 64 minis on their bases, tonight. Can't wait to see how they look! I've had a quick count- I have another 200+ painted Swiss with pikes and halberds, so hopefully will have three keils "in the field" by Christmas.

6 comments:

Daniel Moreno said...

Impressive, they look great!

Friends Of General Haig said...

The flags look great. Definitely a key part of the ‘look’ for this period.

rct75001 said...

Simon they are both spectacular and inspirational.

Richard

Millsy said...

Rough guess mate - how many pike miniatures do you think you have across ancient, medieval and renaissance periods? :P

Gonsalvo said...

They look super, and yes, lost of flags for this era! Other cantonal colors are red/white, red/black, and blue/white. Maybe red/yellow, and there are green white. but those were cantons added much later (I used them anyway, myself!).

James Fisher said...

They look great; most determined!
Regards, James