Tuesday 20 October 2020

Switzers III


I've finally bitten the bullet and started to base some Swiss, that were painted by Shaun and finished by myself, earlier this year. I have accumulated several hundred minis- it's now a matter of assembling them into suitable units. This block will be mostly Uri. Other blocks are likely to be a mix of cantons. I'll need to paint/repaint the minis to get a suitable blend of cantonal colours.


Each block will have a group of halberdiers at its core, with a colour party in front of them. The rest of the blocks will be pike or pike and command. David Imrie kindly sold me some Swiss pike, and I'll be mixing them in, too. Eventually I'd like 5 blocks of 96, but I'll start with two.

I'm looking at the bases, on the basing sheet, and thinking that I might make up some larger bases that could take 16 minis on each- fewer bases is always better! 

5 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Very nice Simon.

caveadsum1471 said...

Lovely looking Swiss! Bigger bases make sense but a bit more difficult to bade? Splendid Swiss anyway!
Best Iain

Matt Crump said...

Never do anything by halves Simon 👍

BigRedBat said...

Bigger bases are harder; I suffer for my art!

Friends Of General Haig said...

Looking forward to seeing the 480 Swiss :-D . Very nice looking figures and I like the detail of the integral halberdiers.