Monday 30 March 2020

Burgundian Crossbowmen


This unit of crossbowmen is my favourite Burgundian unit, so far. The Perry plastic minis were all painted by Lionel Bechara, although I did the Little Big Men Studios pavises and (with the help of Ian Notter) the basing.

It's a most unusual unit, because it looks better from the back (below) than it does the front, where you can see the details of the reloading crossbowmen (protected by their pavises). So I will be able to enjoy both the appearance of the unit and the effect of its shooting!



Above; lovely painting by Lionel! Below, I used the flag image from the Perry box.



Finally, you can see I've again used three of my favourite FK&P6 bases, so that I can field the unit either on a 15cm or on a 20cm grid. From this angle, you might also be able to make out the arrows stuck in the ground and pavises.

14 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Beautifully painted Simon. Love the sheilds!

Bluewillow said...

Well executed my friend be stealing that basing idea for my Valois and Bretons!
,

Cheers
Matt
French Wargame Holidays

BigRedBat said...

Ta chaps! Lionel did great work on these.

Millsy said...

Cracking work mate. Love the pavises. Can't make my mind up which set of LBM decals to use for mine but this is certainly tempting me!

Steve J. said...

What a stunning unit!

Michael Awdry said...

They look spectacular Simon!

dvdstr said...

Puts my Burgundians to shame!!
Really lovely - thanks for sharing Simon
Dave

David said...

A fine set of fellows, leaving aside the fact that they are plastic that is...

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps!

Colin Ashton said...

Beautiful

Evan Hughes said...

Lovely bit of work there Simon! Stay well mate.

Gonsalvo said...

A very impressive looking unit; even if it will probably not do much on the tabletop!

BigRedBat said...

Quite, Peter, quite. :-)

BigLee said...

Beautiful.