Thursday 23 January 2020

Send us some more!


Here's another part of the Salute project. I have owned two old Vendel scythed chariots for some years but recently decided that I need a few more, and so here's a picture of the BigRedBat coach works. I have assembled cabs for two more Vendels and four newer Polemarchs (super models, festooned with blades!). Shaun McTague has painted all the horses for me, I just need to do a little snagging and assembly, and he can then paint the cabs for me, too. I've also prepared some Batbases with magnets and top-notch chamfering.

The title of this post comes from an incident at the second battle of Chaeronea in 86 BC, when the Romans"after repulsing (the chariots), clapped their hands and laughed and called for more, as they are wont to do at the races in the circus" (Plutarch, Sulla, XVIII.2-3). 

5 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

It's certainly gathering pace.

Bluewillow said...

Excellent work, a great addition to the army

Cheers
Matt

marinergrim said...

Impressive and should look suitably intimidating on the tabletop.

David said...

You don't hang about do you?

WimVdB said...

The terror weapon of the ancients! I have some from First Corps (yet to paint & construct), they look great, as yours ofcourse!