Friday 27 September 2019

Bande Nere



Here are my Bande Nere di Giovanni, ready for the Italian Wars, for which I am currently writing rules. I've recently expanded the pike to be 4-deep. The arquebusiers can be fielded as light or massed-light units. All of the minis are Perrys, with most painted by the prolific Shaun McTague, and finished and based by me. You can click the photos for a close-up! The flags are from Pete's Flags.


I have the ratio of pike-to-shot correct; 2:1. This was thought at the time to be too high.


Now, I suppose I need to get someone painted for them to fight!

In other news, it's my Birthday, today, so I have a sale on.  :-)

12 comments:

Independentwargamesgroup said...

Beautiful Simon, I went for a different configeration for the bande and included a sub unit of halberdiers with pavisse, some sword and buckler men and some mounted arqubusierson top of the pike and arqubusiers. Of course you will now need a command figure and standard bearer.Lovely bande.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sir!

Millsy said...

Very fine indeed mate. And a happy birthday too!

Phil said...

Wow, superb units...and happy birthday!

caveadsum1471 said...

Happy birthday and a lovely unit! Glad to hear your cracking on with the Renaissance rules!
Best Iain

Joseph.Cade said...

They look great! Happy birthday to you also.

Our local group just played a Great Italian Wars game using my 18mm Blue Moon collection and your To the Strongest rules with a bunch of modifications.
It worked well, everyone enjoyed it and game proved to be a nailbiter with the winning side (French/Swiss) only having 2 coins left.

David said...

Nice looking unit(s) Simon.

BigLee said...

Belated birthday wishes. Hope it was a good one!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps!

Chris said...

Very nice! I am starting into the Italian Wars and your blog is such a motivation 😊 May I ask what colors do you use for the pikes?

BigRedBat said...

Hi Chris, Vallejo Green Ochre- a tip I picked up from David Imrie. Happy painting! Best, SImon

Chris said...

Thanks Simon and Happy new Year