Saturday 26 July 2014

Res ad triarios venit

Or "It comes down to the triarii!"




The triarii were the reserve line of the Polybian legion, and if they needed to be committed, then it was a bloody battle that could go either way. These are lovely Aventine figures, that I bought beautifully painted from Shaun Watson (Redzed), do have a click to enlarge the photos. I've only needed to repaint the plumes to match the colour theme for this legion, and base.

These are part of a huge refight of the battle of Pydna, 168BC, that I'm working on for t'other Partizan, in Newark on 7th September. I'm collaborating with Keith and Adam from Aventine, the illustrious Saxon Dog, Craig Davey and others. This will be one to catch!




The other big wargaming project that I'm working on, in parallel, is my second "gig" at the Wargames Holiday Centre on the weekend of 30th/31st August. This time, I'm adding Spartans to the mix, and more Late Romans. The battles will be, tentatively: 

The Battle of Mice 331BC
Kent 55BC
Tacfarinas’ Revolt AD17
Take the High Road c.350AD
Siege of Sparta 272BC
The Elephant Victory 273BC
Thapsus 46BC
Count Theodosius vs. the Barbarian Conspiracy 368 AD

Mark still has some spaces, but it is filling up quickly, I gather, so please do drop him a line, quickly, if you'd like to come along.

No comments: