Monday 23 September 2013

Numidian reinforcements

My Roman army has recently expanded rather more quickly than that of its Numidian opponents, so I have decided to add a few more units before the final Thapsus game at SELWG.  Here they are, part based.  A few more cavalry and lights will follow.


I painted somewhat more than half of these, with others from eBay and a few more possibly painted by Redzed.  Tonight I'll get some grout on those bases. I am also delighted to have recently sourced a small but rare unpainted Companion Miniatures Numidian army from mate "Happy", that should add lustre to Juba's hopes of an African Empire.

In other news, Aaron has recently had a crack at the ancient rule-set called "To the Strongest!" that I am developing, and wrote a very enjoyable account of the battle.  If anyone would like to try them, please pop me an email at the addess on the front of my blog.  

10 comments:

fireymonkeyboy said...

Heresy! Where are the horses? ;)

BigRedBat said...

With the next batch... 6 more to take me up to 72 cavalry.

Graham C said...

Simon, looking good. Tried to email you for copy of rules but kept getting failure notice!
The phalangites I got from you are almost done Magnesia is another step closer .

BigRedBat said...

Hi Graham, glad they are coming on. I have also been thinking of Magnesia... I have picked up some more pike minis too, but so far, alas, no time to paint them.

BigRedBat said...

Graham

simonmiller60@gmail.com

Drop me a line!

Cheers, Simon

BigRedBat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan Freitag said...

Very nice assortment of Numidians.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Jonathan!

Simon

Corporal_Trim said...

Fine Numidians, Simon. I really like those.

Regards,
Steve

DeanM said...

Cleanly painted, Simon. They look great. Best, Dean