Sunday 4 November 2012

FleaBay Greeks



Following my recent game against Wabby George’s Greeks, I decided to refurbish and slightly expand my own, smallish, hoplite collection.  I plan to expand and reorganise to 6 units of 36 warriors, formed in 3 ranks.  Three of these will be Spartans, one Tegean allies, and two of other Greeks.


This particular unit originally consisted of 16 Greek hoplites in attacking poses, most of whom are repaints of a cheap but tatty eBay purchase.  The helmet styles are an eclectic mix of Corinthian, Chalcidian and Attic.  I’ve painted 8 more to match, tarted up some of the shields and rebased them into 3 double-elements of 8.  When time permits, I’ll add a rear rank of 12 and they will be done!

6 comments:

Jonathan said...

That is a fierce looking unit there!

WimVdB said...

Lovely painted Greeks!
Are these all Foundry? I don't think I've seen that commander without helmet before.
And I also have a few hunderd of Foundry Greeks.

BigRedBat said...

HI WimVdB, yes he's an Argonaut. Nice to find a bald miniature, they are pretty uncommon!

Cheers, Simon

Corporal_Trim said...

Simon, those are fine looking Greeks ! I too like the bald commander, he really adds some extra flair to the unit.

Regards,
Steve

Phil said...

Wonderful! Looking great and fierce!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps, more to follow in a couple of weeks...