Friday 1 January 2010

Resolutions Revisited

Last year's resolutions were to:-
  • 1. Finish the Pictish minis I promised myself I'd finish by the end of December, by the end of January. - I did manage this, bar a couple of standards; I really should take some photos.
  • 2. 2009 is declared "Year of the Early Imperial Roman Auxiliary"- I managed 3 units; a beginning; then I got diverted by the Zama project.
  • 3. ...except that I also have to finish the Celtic army- Which I more or less did but not the Wagon Laager, which would look rather stunning. 
  •  4. Develop a set of rules with Ian that enable me to use my 24-man units- Still thinking about these.  I did have a bright idea about them, only last week, that might help.
  • 5. Run a Roman Campaign- I did; it petered out around mid year, but I'll pick it up again.
  • 6. Buy less minis than I paint... LOL!- I only brought about 200 more than were painted (about 5-600, mostly by friends; thanks!) and spent far more than I had intended, or, indeed, can afford 
New resolutions for 2010:-
  • 1. Finish and deliver a stonking Zama game
  • 2. After that, 2010 is officially declared "Year of the Successor"; I need a couple of feet more phalanx, for a start!  And all those pretty Tarantine cavalry... and a whole circus full of elephants.
  • 3. Pick the Roman Campaign up again
  • 4. Develop the rules 4. above
  • 5. Prune purchases; paint lead mountain!
I'd like to wish a Very Happy and Successful New Year to all my Readers!

10 comments:

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

You did better than I would had I made resolutions. I've given up on them since I cannot keep any of them.

Good luck in your projects for the coming year!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Allan! And good luck to you, too.

Iowa Grognard said...

"5. Prune purchases; paint lead mountain!"

Amen. I'm with you on this one, its my one and only completely firm commitment outside of my family haha. Can't wait to see how the Zama game unfolds.

Good luck!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks Iowa! Happy New Year!

ZeroTwentythree said...

"2. After that, 2010 is officially declared "Year of the Successor"; I need a couple of feet more phalanx, for a start! And all those pretty Tarantine cavalry... and a whole circus full of elephants."

I am considering this as well. I will be limiting myself to one large purchase/project in 2010, and I think it may involve a lot of pikemen.

I look forward to seeing your (inspirational) progress!

BigRedBat said...

Hi Z23; watch this space from May!

Re pikemen, aside form all the Foundry ones (and some Crusaders) I have tucked away, I shall also be buying an Aventine Tarantine phalanx, and probably some Polemarchs, too.

Secundus said...

Happy New year to you sir! When are you going to be a Bletchley? This is very close to me and I will make it a date to come along and say hello.

p.s Where in Bletchley are you going to be? So to re cap... I should have said, When and where are you going to be at Bletchley, I'll come along and meet you.

BigRedBat said...

Hi Secundus; 17th April (week before Salute)

http://www.soa.org.uk/battleday/

It should be great. I reckon there will be at least 3 huge games there, including ours. I'm sure you will be able to get to play something.

RTB said...

Happy New Year Simon.

Glad to see your meglomania is still developing!

Roger

BigRedBat said...

Hi Wodge, yes as you observe I am tending towards megalomania... Happy New Year!