Monday 16 September 2024

"Lust for Glory" at Colours

 
Here are a few shots of the first test game of the "horse and musket" rules I've been working on, tentatively named "Lust for Glory."


This was the first outing for my new WSS collection, which so far has 16 battalions and 20 squadrons (including dragoons). This turned out to be quite sufficient for an enjoyable four player game- I'll bring more-or-less the same forces to Partizan. My short term plan is to expand the army to 20 Bn/28 Sqn, though, just because I'm enjoying assembling the collection. Also, I need to work on the terrain and snagging. A later phase III will add another 8 Bn and 12 or more Sqns.


Above is Sid who led the Allied army into battle. He liked the cavalry squadron tactics, which are rather  different to the way we handled cavalry in "For King and Parliament."


Finally, here's the battlefield at the end of the game, those are casualties in the foreground. WSS ca. 1710 is a convenient period to test the rules, since there are no pikes or matchlocks.

I'm greatly encouraged by the first outing of the rules and plan to edit in all the notes we made, this week, and start to fill in the various gaps next week, with material clipped from FK&P and TtS! Huge thanks to all who helped or played particularly Ian, Sid and Colin.

The next outing will be at T'other Partizan. If you fancy having a go, please email me, I'll run sessions in the AM and PM and currently have six spaces available.

PS I picked up a restock of gaming mats on Saturday, and have largely restocked the BigRedBatShop, which was looking very bare!

1 comment:

Ray Rousell said...

Looks fab! I shall look forward to seeing this at Partizan!