Tuesday 10 October 2023

Back in the Saddle

I've just come back from a late summer holiday and am struggling to get back into the saddle. I've caught up on the orders and am working though my emails, should be on top of them, soon. On Saturday we have a tournament on the day before SELWG and there are a few I's to dot for that, too.

In the evenings I'm doing some c.17th modelling, for a bit of relaxation. Above is a unit of 1672 French Listenois dragoons, painted by Chris Campion and Richard O'Connor. I'm getting them ready for basing, perhaps as soon as tonight. I love the yellow justacorps and blue facings.

Below are some Flags of War standards for the ECW Strathbogie Regiment, and also the Scottish Royal standard. Strathbogie, which chum Redzed is painting, will be on the cover of an FK&P scenario books we intend to publish shortly.

4 comments:

Von Bob said...

It is justaucorps Simon!🙃

Best
Robert

Duke of Baylen said...

Very nice indeed. Those dragoons look splendid. Will we see them again when based?
Stephen

BigRedBat said...

Quite right Von Bob!

Ray Rousell said...

Lovely looking troops Simon.