Saturday 29 June 2019

Louis Quatorze's Warses


This week I've had a really heavy cold and haven't been fit for much other than some light basing duties. Here are some miniatures that David Imrie (Saxon Dog) painted that I've finally managed to re-base onto one of my wobbly-edge command bases. They will lead a brigade of French that I am slowly building (one of the battalions also painted by David); pictures to follow next week.


I'm also basing my first British battalion, Kirke's Lambs. These incorporate minis from three or four different painters, including myself. Much better photos and more details of the completed unit are to follow in a week or so. I absolutely love the Front Rank minis; it is entirely possible to build a 37-man unit with 37 different variants.

Eventually there will need to be some rules so that I can put the minis on a table. The working title for these is Louis Quatorze's Warses, which name was picked at the end of an evening of brainstorming (=heavy drinking) before Colours, last year. I won't start on the rules before I've finished Renaissance, however.

8 comments:

Phil Robinson said...

Very nice Simon, Front Rank are a joy to paint, I have been lucky enough to paint many of these for commissions.

Michal DwarfCrypt said...

That's awesome!

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps! I love the range.

caveadsum1471 said...

Lovely looking figures from a really interesting period! I'm glad to hear you'll finish the Rennaisance rules before Louis XIVs rules,but where does that leave Napoleonic?!
Best Iain

BigRedBat said...

It leaves NAps some way down the road; although, bizarrely, my French Napoleonic army is getting larger and larger! Go figure.

David said...

Warses? I like that! Nice figures too

BigRedBat said...

...it's a tough rhyme! ;-)

Bluewillow said...

Lovely, I do like the Irish regiments!


Cheers
Matt
French Wargame Holidays at L'Hotel de Hercé
Mayenne, Pays de Loire
France