Wednesday 10 October 2012

A rare night's gaming


Last night a near-full muster of the local Muswell Militiamen gave my draft rules a bit of an outing along with my Celts, who haven't seen daylight since Zama.  The game went pretty well; despite losing their flanking cavalry, the superior discipline of the legions eventually told, and led to them breaking the line of warbands.  I have a handful of revisions to make to the rules, and expect to give them another outing next Tuesday, with Gorgeous George's Greeks.

My painting table is below.  Inexplicably an unexpected Gothic invasion is delaying work on the chariots.  The Goths, who have languished unnoticed in amongst a box of Vikings for 3 or 4 years, charged forth with a shout of "Paint me! Paint me!" and are consequently in the process of being tarted up and expanded to 24.  Worse still, some part-painted Celtic foot have pushed in behind them... and there is a chap carrying a tray of what look to be unripe tomatoes....


5 comments:

Dalauppror said...

Like the Goths, keep em comming:)

best regards Michael

legatus hedlius said...

I've got some of those Goths somewhere. But if I paint them I'll have to start a late Roman army...

BigRedBat said...

Hi Michael, perhaps they have come from somewhere around your way!

Legatus, I've always said, why start 1 army, when you can start 2! I have 2 Late Roman armies under way, both years from completion.

Tarty said...

Excellent Simon, everyone should have a few armies on the move....." 2 Late Roman " ?.....hahahahah love it !!

BigRedBat said...

Yes Tarty, one of weeny Perrys, and one of bigger Black Tree and 'Beasts.

I like the Perrys and have more painted, but the probablility is they'll get squeezed out by the bigger figures...