Thursday 24 February 2011

Even More Ballistic

A quick WIP shot of my siege train.  All the catapults are now strung and primed.  The 15 or so crewmen (not shown) have had their based trimmed off and have been primed (once painted, they will be pinned into the planking on the bases).  I've built up the soil around the bases of the onagers at the back with greenstuff, and will be overcoating with BigRedBatGunk later tonight. 

This all took a surprising amount of time!  The slings on the onagers (can't be seen from this angle) took an hour or so, alone.

The Zvezda ballistae are superb models, my favourites at the moment.  I also love the anachronistic gabions.

6 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Very formidable!!

Hetairoi said...

That´s a lot of ballistic, definiteley. ;)
Hope to see them painted soon.

roma912 said...

Looking good. Curious to know what BigRedBatGunk is :)?

Paul´s Bods said...

You built up the back of the ballistas with greenstuff!!!!! How much did that cost...??
Cheers
Paul

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps-

Hi Legion, Brbgunk is my secret, patented, basing compound. If you look at the basing tab on my main page, there's a fair bit about it; all my minis have been based with it. Good stuff! Works well with my magnetic bases.

Paul, greenstuff can be very cheap, I just bought 36" on ebay for £6 including p&p, and used about 40p worth.

Cheers, Simon

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

I feel sorry for anyone who thinks they will be safe from your army in a siege scenario! :-0 Nice btw.

Cheers
Christopher