Here's a unit I finished last week. They are later Thessalian cavalry in a rhomboid formation, cantering across the Boeotian plain. Mate Nick Speller painted 6 of these Foundry Miniatures, and I painted 3 more to match, shield transfers, basing etc.
Thessalians often fought in a manoeuvrable rhomboid formation, that could easily change direction through 90 or 180 degrees. Below, here they are brigaded with my previously-painted Thessalians, who will shortly be re-based in the same style. They'll mostly serve with my Ptolemaic army.
In terms of 2014, I hesitate to plan too far ahead, for as they say "no battle plan survives contact with the enemy". However, here's the first seven months loosely sketched out.
- Finish swan-necked trade ship “Ceres”
- Finish and base a final unit of Late Romans
- Finish and base two units of Shaun’s Goths
- Finish two elements of Impetus-based Roman cavalry
- Buy and build 5 large gaming boards
February to April
- Paint 100 EI Roman Legionaries, finish and re-base 100 other EI Roman Legionaries
- Finish and Base 12 British Auxiliary cavalry
- Paint and base 6 Auxiliary cavalry
- Finish and base remainder of the Impetus EIRs.
- Pontoon Bridge and other terrain for possible Partizan game
June to July
- Finish and base 200 more phalangites for possible Other Partizan game, and the Southern Autumn shows
In terms of resolutions, this year I only have one, which is to finish play-testing and publish my rules!