Monday 13 March 2017

2017 Flockathon part I


With less than three weeks to go to my big Wargames Holiday Centre gig, I find myself with 700-odd minis to flock- the above are around one third of the total. I'm saving the joy of the Numidians for next week. The above include Parthians, Persians, Thracians, Carthaginians, Greeks, Goths, Successors and Spanish. Almost all are on my special 20cm irregular edged bases and half-sized bases.

For me, flocking is a multi-stage process:-

  • add static grass using flockbox
  • add big tufts (around 6-8 on the big bases)
  • add small tufts (way too many to contemplate)
  • drybrush tufts ochre
  • drybrush tufts buff titanium
  • add flower tufts (remembering that less is more)
  • matt varnish tufts
This will keep me very busy! :-)



No comments: