Saturday 26 September 2015

Another alarming development...

I couldn't resist buying these superbly painted minis off of chum David Imrie; they turn out to be late c. 17th French and Huguenots in Williamite service. The flags are stunning, and I love the grey uniforms. Now this is a period until last week that I have never remotely considered gaming; I shall finish off the two (or three) units and see how I feel about getting enough more painted to play a game. I have been messing around with horse and musket rules, after all...


Below is the current state of my painting tray; Celts for Dug in the foreground, some lovely Middle Imperials, again from David Imrie in the centre and war elephants for a game at SELWG behind. Lots and lots to do and not a lot of time before SELWG!


In other news... I've imported a load more of the excellent cloth battle mats from Deep-Cut studios in Lithuania, both gridded (10cm, 15cm and 20cm) and ungridded, including the new wasteland mat shown below. These are a great product; I'll be using them for most of my games. They can be found in the BigRedBatShop.


No comments: