I have another weekend of To the Strongest! gaming at the Wargames Holiday Centre near Basingstoke on the weekend of 6th to 8th November. The games I anticipate running include:
- Thapsus - Caesar vs. Pompey and Juba in North Africa
- Megalopolis - Antipater’s Macedonians attempt to seize a mountain pass from the Spartans; this game reduced us to tears of laughter, back in May.
- On the road to Ravenna - Late Romans, Roman deserters, Goths and Huns battle it out in Northern Italy
- Zela - Caesar chastens Pharnaces’ Pontics; or not, as the case may be…
- Athens and Sparta – will Athenian numbers triumph over Spartan prowess and drill?
- Take the High Road - the Romans intercept a raiding Pictish army
There will be as many minis of as my car will carry - and I have a very big car! :-) We usually have three or four games set up at a time and people get to play most or all of them over the course of the weekend. If you've not played before I can instruct and give you a rule book to take away at the end.
We usually stay in the local Hilton which is very nice and surprisingly cheap. A fine time will be had by all!