Saturday 14 February 2015

Where's me rollin' pin?

Several people have asked about the defenders for the wagon laager, and here they are.  They have all been painted my mate Nick Speller and include most of the Celtic and German ancient civilian miniatures that I have been able to find, with a particular emphasis on formidable women.  Tonight I'll make a start on highlighting and inking them.


I am in two minds about basing them.  My heart says "drill and pin them into the wagons" but my brain says "make bases that will fit into the wagons".  The former solution is more aesthetically pleasing and hard wearing; the latter more flexible as I can remove them should (when) they become casualties.

The finished laager will have to serve for all three of Celts, Germans and Goths so I will try to give it a generic look.

No comments: