Tuesday 26 March 2013

A new BatCave

Our bathroom still looks like Stalingrad, on a bad day.  However, out of the ashes, like a phoenix, is rising the carcass of a new wargaming storage cupboard.  This will be plastered, painted, shelved and illuminated.  It's about 8' tall, by 26" square.

This will hold my gaming boards (including a new, deeper size intended to permit cavalry and tank maneuvers) and will take the surplus boxes of minis that no longer fit inside my War Cabinet.  I reckon there will be room for a couple thousand more minis, which should keep me out of trouble with Mrs Bat, for 3 years, or so... after that, god knows what I'll do. 

6 comments:

DeanM said...

Some serious remodeling going on - looking forward to seeing the finished results. Best, Dean

Hendrid said...

Good luck with the new bat cave. Always spurs your efforts on if there's a good reward at the end. Did confuse me a bit at first, why do you have your games storage in the bathroom :-) but I get it now.

I'm sure you'll find something to 'improve' in three years time.

Paulalba said...

It's coming together nicely.

fireymonkeyboy said...

Sweet! Can't wait to see it finished.

BigRedBat said...

Thanks chaps. I'm almost as excited about the storage, as the bathroom!

Cheers, Simon

Millsy said...

When all this is done you'll be sitting pretty! ;-)