Friday 2 November 2012

Striking Gold

...so I suspected that I had a few Foundry Spartans left, lurking somewhere deep in the lead mountain.  A major excavation discovered no less than 100 Spartans!  Moreover, one of the test pits struck gold; I came across no less than 5 of the recent Foundry Celtic chariots,hidden at the very core of the mountain.  This completely forgotten purchase will be directly useful in the big chariot project that I have slowly burning away in the background.

Life has been interfering with art, recently.  My mother-in-law is moving nearer to us and I'm doing a lot of the organising, which means I'm not going to have much time to game over the next month.  I'm still getting plenty of painting time, though, and have several projects inching toward completion, of which more, anon.

5 comments:

fireymonkeyboy said...

Picks of the loot? Or at least the pile? I want to see a lead pile so deep you "lose" 100 spartans and several chariots!

BigRedBat said...

Hmmm, I'll take some pics for a future post!

Steve h said...

Great find! I must admit I'm very tempted by the victrix Greeks, would be for building a huge phalanx.
Ps what happened to the other 200? ;)

BigRedBat said...

Hi Hermit, yes I know what you mean. I have a box, must paint some up!

I have 100 or so, here:-

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FURkzAZwUUI/UH623h4gAmI/AAAAAAAAEtY/35hK0QF83ls/s1600/DSCN2558.NEF.jpg

legatus hedlius said...

Oh, dear, because of this post I had a look at my lead pile. Wish I hadn't!

http://legatuswargamesarmies.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-lead-and-plastic-pile.html